domingo, 9 de março de 2014

It had been twenty years since I had run competitively. I was pretty fast before. Apparently that has change only by degree, not in principle. I ran five kilometers in 22 minutes and 45 seconds, coming in 7th overall and 1st in my age group. It was a really good day that made the month of training worthwhile.

So many of us have used exercise, or food, or other helpful or harmful pastimes to escape some other issue we did not wish to face. We have to ask ourselves, though, if running can be something more than just running from. Here I believe that yesterday it was running to.

I'll write more on this idea in my next blog entry. For now, have a calm and inspiring evening - I will leave you with this poem:


A Aluna:

Quando a aluna foi para a cama,
Os deveres feitos e não feitos,
A prova pronta mas a mente não;

A aluna sentiu-se aos dezanove anos,
Lá para ver a continuação dos colegas
Enquanto se achava pendurada no portão;

Quando a aluna foi para a cama,
Não era para viver nos lindos sonhos,
Mas para fazer-se uma tela de noite branda.

18/II/2014
Acworth, GA

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário